Friday, April 30, 2010

synovitis


One may wonder about my title, thinking it's something profound with meaning. However, it's not. It what Jocelyn was likely diagnosed with in the ER Thursday night. She woke up cranky from her nap a little before 5pm and after some time we realized she really couldn't walk. She couldn't bear weight on her right leg and complained of her right hand as well. We went to the ER and after an assessment and lab work the doctor concluded it was likely synovitis which is a viral infection of the hip. It could all be related to last week's rash and the erythema multiforme. By 10am Friday morning, in the doctor's office, she started walking again. Today she's normal. Whew. Julia didn't cope well...crying and so concerned the whole time her sister was gone. They both talked about "my sissy" while away from each other. About 10pm while Jocelyn was in the ER eating a Popsicle she kept thinking it was so funny Julia was in bed. Funny.
I know some may find it strange that I post these "bad" stories...but it's part of our life and this blog serves as their "baby book." I've amazed how much I have forgotten already...I need to write down as much as possible.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I love these pictures! And, I like that you include even the 'bad' stories along with all of the good ones. It helps to feel more connected with you all!